Posted by y912f on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:43pm.
- If Britain and France had not adopted a policy of appeasement, would Adolf Hitler have been as successful as he was in overrunning Europe?
pleease help me with this
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:45pm
Oh, my! This question has been debated for 70 years -- and will probably be debated for many more years.
What do you think?
history - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:47pm
i have no idea
comeon ms.sue pleeease help me
i'm stuck on this
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:53pm
Hindsight is wonderful!
If France and England hadn't appeased Hitler, he probably wouldn't have been as successful in overrunning Europe. They could have at least slowed him down.
On the other hand, France and England hadn't completly recovered from the deadly and devastating effects of World War I. They desperately wanted to avoid another war. They didn't have a crystal ball to foretell the horrors that Germany would bring to Europe in the next few years.
But who knows whether they could have stopped Hitler and the ensuing war. I doubt it. I think he was hell-bent on conquering Europe -- one way or another.
history - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:53pm
:D i think so too
history - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:57pm
oh yea..and THANKS A LOT
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:58pm
You're very welcome. Please be sure to write your own answer to this question.
history - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 9:02pm
ok, but i was saying thanks for sharing your opinion
history - Caldje, Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 5:12pm
France and Britain would have been at stake if they did not adopt the appeasement.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - If Britain and France had not adopted a policy of appeasement, would ...
- US History - 4. If Britain and France had not adopted a policy of appeasement, ...
- History - "What position would you take on appeasement if you had been living in...
- social studies - Identify two reasons that explain why Britain and France ...
- U.S. History (Check, Please!)(REED) - 1. What did Hitler call the unification of...
- Social Studies (Ms. Sue) - I know you already provided a website link for me, ...
- Social Studies (Check, Please!) - 1. What were three reasons European leaders ...
- NAPOLEON INFORMATION - Imagine that you are a senior advisor to Napoleon. You ...
- Social Studies - How did the policy of appeasement affect France and Great ...
- History WWII - Can you help me put the following events in order: -hitler ...