Posted by y912f on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:29pm.
read the quote and answer the 3 questions
"Our attack pattern was: barrage a hill with bombs and shells, move up the foot soldiers, hold it against counterattacks, fight down the reverse slope, then start on the next one. We would attack during the day, dig in for the night--not for sleep, but for safety. A hole was never deep enought when the Japanese started their barrage. And then, they would come, a screaming banzai or a single shadow."
--An American GI at Okinawa
1. Which phrase best describes the American campaign on Okinawa?
a. long adn hard fought
c. completely safe
d. over in one day
2. According to the description of the fighting, you can infer that the terrain on Okinawa was
a. flat and sandy
b. heavily wooded
3. write a brief paragraph describing how you think the GIs felt during the long nigts on Okinawa
please quickly help me on number 3
- history-URGENT - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:33pm
Is there more to this passage? What you posted says nothing about the long nights on Okinawa.
- history-URGENT - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:37pm
they probably felt:
They were scared at night and had to remain alert. They had to observe throughout but sometimes they were hopeless in spite of best of motivation.They were not discouraged even though they were desperate at times.
is this gooD?
- history-URGENT - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:39pm
this is all. i guess you're suppose to guess on how htey felt
- history-URGENT - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:41pm
You're right. I'm sorry, but I didn't read the passage very carefully.
Your answer is well-done.
- history-URGENT - y912f, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 8:42pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - A hill slopes down from a building with a grade of one for to five ...
- Math (pleaseeeee answer I'm confused) - 1. A point on the ceiling of a room is ...
- Geometry ( helllppp pleaaassse ) - A point on the ceiling of a room is 12ft. ...
- soical studes - Who assisted the Northerners also know as the Yankees soldiers ...
- social studies - Who assisted the Northerners also know as the Yankees soldiers ...
- physcis - biker passes a lamppost at the crest of a hill at + 4.5 m/s. she ...
- trig - A tree growing on a hillside casts a 121-foot shadow straight down the ...
- Physics - a bike passes a lamp post at the crest of hill at 4.5 m/s. she ...
- u.s. history - Bent double, like old beggars under sacks, Knock-kneed, coughing ...
- US History - For this quote " We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all...