Posted by John on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 3:16am.
1. It was missing a piece.
(It refers to 'the circle' One piece was felling from the circle. In this situation, what is the meaning of Sentence 1? Was the piece in the process of falling away from the circle?)
2. You should not make a fire in the mountains.
3. You should not pitch a tent near a river. Especially, when it is rainy, it's dangerous to pitch a tent near a river.
4. You should keep the safty rules.
5. You should buy firewood from a store and take it to the camp.
6. You should not leave food on the table outside, for animals may eat it.
7. You should be careful when you chop the firewood. It may hurt you.
8. You should not build a fire near a tent.
9. You should not wear shorts, for a snake might bite your leg.
10. You should not run when there are lots of branches, for you may hurt your eyes.
11. When you make a tent with tools, you should be very careful.
12. You should not let children swim in the river by themselves.
(Are the expressions all right? Would youi check them? Thank you.)
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 9:10am
1 is correct -- it simply means that a piece is not there. It could be falling at the moment or it could have fallen out or been missing for quite a while. Think of a pizza:
(Broken Link Removed)
Once that piece is gone that the person is lifting out, then you could say, "It was missing a piece.
2 - good
3 - The second sentence either needs to be reworded or connected to the first sentence. As it is, the second reads like a fragment, not a complete sentence. Try this:
You should not pitch a tent near a river. When it is rainy, it's especially dangerous to pitch a tent near a river.
4 - good; just correct the spelling of "safety."
5 and 6 - good
7 - good; you need to say what "it" is, though. Do you mean the ax might hurt you?
All the rest look really good.
Answer this Question
- English - 1. The circle was missing a piece. 2. A piece was not in the circle. 3...
- math - a piece of wire 24 ft. long is cut into two pieces. one piece is made ...
- Calculus - a piece of wire 12 ft. long is cut into two pieces. one piece is made...
- Precalculus - There is a piece of wire 200 cm long. It needs to be cut into 2 ...
- hum/205 - week9 Romans, Islamic, and Indian civilization. wHAT is the purpose of...
- English creative project - I have to make this half circle from a piece of white...
- geometry - how many inches long is the radius of the largest circle that can fit...
- Art and Culture: Hellensitic Greece - What is the purpose of the Altar of Zeus ...
- geometry - A wire 10 meters ong is to be cut into two pieces. One piece wil be ...
- Math - You have a wire that is 35 cm long. You wish to cut it into two pieces. ...