Posted by Mike on Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 8:25pm.
Okay, I'm working with ultiplying Polynomials, and I just can't figure this one out! Here it is:
(h+k)(h squared-2hk+3k squared)
haha, I don't know how to make an exponent on the computer :-), but anyway, please help me figure it out!
algebra - Reiny, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 9:29pm
powers are usually written this way...
(h+k)(h^2 - 2hk + 3k^2)
h^3 -2h^2k + 3hk^2 + kh^2 - 2hk^2 + 3k^3
= h^3 - h^2k + hk^2 + 3k^3
algebra - Mike, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 9:31pm
oh, I tried to solve it and got 3hk^2+h^3 I'm guessing that's wrong?
algebra - Mike, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 9:34pm
I solved it like this: h^3-2hk^2+3hk^2+1hk^2-2hk^2+3hk^2=3hk^2+h^3
algebra - Reiny, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 9:55pm
for the terms inside
-2h^2k + h^2k = -h^2k
3hk^2 - 2hk^2 = hk^2
look at my expansion and compare it to yours,
a term in hk^2 is not the same as a h^2k term.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i am having a minor difficulty i've been stuck for over an hour and don't...
- Algebra - Which equation could be used to find the dimensions of a room that has...
- algebra 2 multiple choice HELP - find f(a), if f(t) = 2t2(squared)-t-2 A. 2(a+t)...
- Geometry - The diameter of circle Z is 5 in. What is its area in terms of pi? 2....
- 10th Grade Algebra - Please help me with these factorise algebra questions!!! 1...
- math - Factor (15a squared bc squared -9a squared b to the fourth c) by finding ...
- College Algebra - Can someone check my answer please! I'm not sure this is right...
- Algebra Repost - Which equation could be used to find the dimensions of a room ...
- Math - ok 3 questions A. Is a polygon a plane figure (Always,sometimes,never) ...
- Math11U - A Pythagorean Triple is a set of integers that satisfy the Pythagorean...