Posted by Angie on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 6:58pm.
A movie theater recorded the number of tickets sold daily for a popular movie during the month of June. A box-and-whisker plot represents the number of tickets sold.
Which conclusion can be made using this plot?
a. the second quartile is 600.
b. the mean of the attendance is 400.
c. the range of the attendance is 300 to 600.
d. twenty-five percent of the attendance is between 300 and 400.
The answer is d., but I don't know why
Math - PsyDAG, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 12:06pm
First of all, some of your information is reversed. The maximum (most) = 100 and the minimum (least) = 8.
Also, if the 3rd quartile is 600, the maximum must be greater than 600. Does the maximum = 1000? Especially with math problems, you need to be more accurate in providing your information.
Each quartile is 25% (one quarter) of the scores. The median is the second quartile (50%).
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Math - Angie, Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 5:10pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - These two box and whisker plots show the results of a science test. Plot ...
- Algebra - A movie theater manager wants to know how many adults and how many ...
- algebra - A movie theater has 400 seats. Tickets at the theater cost $8 for ...
- math - 30% of the tickets sold by a movie theater for the Friday night show were...
- ratio - 30% of the tickets sold by a movie theater for the Friday night show ...
- math - Tickets for a concert sold for $11 and $8. If 600 tickets were sold for ...
- Math reasoning - A drive-in movie theater is showing 30 movies this summer. ...
- math - Theater Total Value of Ticket Sales A $1,600 B $2,000 C $1,800 D $4,800 E...
- Computers - Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? #include <...
- Math - I have to find the median, the lower quartile, the upper quartile, ...