Posted by Lena on Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:42pm.
From what greek word did the word 'day' originate from (day as in a day of the week)? and what does that greek word mean in greek?
I`ve been searching around and I havent found anything :(
Greek Origins - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:51pm
From my unabridged dictionary and Dictionary.com, apparently the English word DAY originatated with German and before that Old Norse. I didn't see any Greek origins of this word.
Greek Origins - Lena, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:53pm
Is there any word originated from greek that means something like day; I need something that symbolizes a time of light.
Greek Origins - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:54pm
In latin it is dies so it might be something close to that
Greek Origins - Lena, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:56pm
so Dies means time of light?
Greek Origins - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 8:07pm
Check this English-Greek dictionary.
Greek Origins - Lena, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 8:08pm
Thank you sooo much!
Greek Origins - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 8:12pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Greek Origins - From where in the greek language did the word Night originate ...
- greek bases - the greek base in the word chronology means: a.life b.pain c.time ...
- Vocabulary latin and greek - write a word with the latin or greek word parts ...
- History - Q1.What does the Greek word "Helene" means? Q2. What is the Greek word...
- greek vocab. - which word did not originate from the word of the arts? 1. ...
- Core World History - Which is an accurate statement about Greek art and ...
- Art Help Please! - Why might a college choose to use Greek architectural ...
- Art - Democratic Architecture 1) The Greek temple has often inspired the design ...
- ART PLS HELP - Why might a college choose to use greek architectural elements ...
- 7 - what name comes from a greek word meaning strange If you don't put the right...