Posted by Angela on Monday, June 8, 2009 at 1:46pm.
Revise each frag. by attaching it to a related sentence or by recasting it as a full sentence.
1.The first person to produce an artifical dye comercially was William Perkin. A nineteen-year-old Englishman.
2. Many food producers package their products in red. Believing that it attracts consumers.
3.Crayola assigns the colors of crayons unusual names. Including Outer Space and Pig Pink.
4. There are three colors on the Italian flag.Green on the left side, red on the right side, and white in the center.
5. At times, the pigmet saffron as quite popular. And worth its weight in gold.
6. The pigment carmine was in high demand. Spanish conquistadors making vast fortunes on its production.
1.William Perkin, a nineteen- year old Englishman was the first to produce an artificial dye commercially.
2. Many food producers believe that in order to attract consumers; they should package products in red.
3. Crayola assigns colors of crayons unusual names, including Outer Space and Pig Pink.
4. On the Italian flag, there are three colors; green on the left side, red on the right side, and white in the middle.
5. At times, the pigment saffron was quite popular, and worth its weight in gold.
6. Spanish conquistadors pigment carmine was in high demand and was making vast fortunes on its production.
- check - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 8, 2009 at 1:52pm
The first four are great!
In # 5, omit the commas.
6. Please try this one again.
- check - GuruBlue, Monday, June 8, 2009 at 3:47pm
#1 needs a comma after Englishman.
#2 leave the "that" out' put in order to attract customers at the end of the sentence.
#4 use a colon or a dash instead of a semi-colon
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Reading Comp. - A blanket of thick fog covered the area Visibility there was ...
- Help english - Revise the sentences. (1) Revise the following sentence so that ...
- English - 1. Draw a cartoon related to the sentence. 2. Draw a cartoon relating ...
- english check answer plz ! - i think its A. but i also got C. As you are reading...
- Language Arts - What are the following sentences. 1. - Isn't it time for the ...
- English - SIMPLE SENTENCE-> Complex Sentence How can i make a complex ...
- Diversity - 1. Books such as The Three Little Pigs, Green Eggs & Ham or Good ...
- Language Arts - Hi! Can anyone check my answers please? Which type of sentence ...
- English grammar check please - If someone could check these sentences for me ...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...