Posted by sameul on Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:14pm.
i am lost completly i don't know what to do. please help me!!!!
a farmer is adding a rectangle corral to the side of a barn. the barn will form one side og the rectangle . the farmer has 16 m of fencing to use. conduct an investigation to determine the dimension of the corral with maxium area?
please help me!!
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - Reiny, Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:22pm
Did you make a sketch?
notice the farmer needs only one length, but two widths.
so 2w + l = 16
make a chart with three columns
one labeled "width", the next one "length" and the third "Area"
now fill it in starting with w=1, then w=2 etc
I see the following entries:
1 14 14
2 12 24
3 10 30
4 8 32 ....
can you see what is happening to the Area?
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - sameul, Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:26pm
after the forth one the area is going backwards from before like 32,30,24?
does that mean 4 by 8 will give the gratest area?
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - Reiny, Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:29pm
except you meant to say volume, not area, right?
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - sameul, Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:43pm
isn;t it area becuase the third colmun is area
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - Lida rawf, Friday, February 10, 2012 at 4:43pm
You all are dumb
grade 9 mathimathic optimizing - 25, Friday, October 28, 2016 at 6:15am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - i am working with completing the square in parabolas and there's this ...
- Calculus - A farmer has 120 meters of wire fencing to make enclosures for his ...
- pre calculus - A farmer will be adding a rectangular corral to his barn. He has ...
- math - Farmer Hodges has 50 feet of fencing to make a rectangular hog pen beside...
- word problem - A farmer decides to enclose a rectangular garden, using the side...
- COLLEGE ALGREBRA - A horse breeder wants to construct a corral next to a horse ...
- Math - A farmer decides to enclose a rectangular garden, using the side of a ...
- math - A farmer plans to enclose a rectangular region, using part of his barn ...
- Precalculus - A barn has 150 feet of fencing and there are 3 rectangular corrals...
- Geometry - A cow is tethered by a piece of rope 50 meters long to the side of a ...