Posted by B.B. on Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:01pm.
I need to find a little more information about the differences between the North and South where it concerns the political and economic situation. Here is what I have: Policital, the North had an oppresive government. The South , the government, was subject to royal governors and dominated by planters, farmers, consisted of men and land owners. Economic: North: more industry, fishing and mining, farm were smaller, provided just for families, against slavery, religion was big. South: agriculture, wealthy land owners, for slavery, lived on plantations, was not religious people. Is there anything else that I should add?
History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:16pm
What do you mean about an oppressive government in the Northern colonies? Explain.
The Southern colonists were religious -- but not as fundamental as the Northerners.
Weren't the Northern colonies also subject to royal governors?
History - B.B., Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:21pm
When I say oppressive, I mean harsh, burdensome
History - B.B., Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:22pm
So it was the South who was more religious than the North?
History - B.B., Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:24pm
Yes the Northern colonies were also subject to royal governors. So how was the North and South different when it came to political?
History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:35pm
"More religious" is a value judgement. The Northern colonies tended to be more rigid in their religious beliefs. Yet Rhode Island was founded by Quakers who worshipped much differently than the Puritans of Massachusetts. The Southern colonists were religious and included Catholics.
What does your book say about the different political systems?
History - B.B., Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 11:04pm
That the North was not dependent on the government and wanted freedom. The South was dependent on the government.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - I need to find a little more information between the similarities ...
- U.S. History 1865 - Here is the questions that I had to answer: What social, ...
- us history - Which of these statements best compares the economic development of...
- georgia state history - Which of the following was an advantage of the south at ...
- history - Rank the top five factors you think contributed to the outcome of the ...
- U.S.History - please check if i have a good answer for this question. add if ...
- English check - 1.)Supported the ideas of plainness, divine mission, and grace =...
- DBQ Essay (plzz read!) - here is my DBQ essay so far BUT it's NOT done tho. ...
- history - what were the social, economic,and political variations between the ...
- History - What were the economic and social differences between the North and ...