Posted by Happy Face on Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:19pm.
Which of the following represents a permutation? (Pick from multiple choice answer listed below)
I. The top 4 finishers in a car race
II. Choosing 4 apples from a bag with 10 apples
III. A committee of 6 representatives from a class
A. I. only
B. II. only
C. III. only
D. II. and III. only
- Math - Reiny, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:33pm
if the order in your selection matters, then it is a permutation.
so, in a car race, does it matter if you come in first or second?
does it matter in which order you take the apples out of the bag?
does it matter who gets chosen first or third or last among the 6 committee members?
- Math - Happy Face, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:46pm
Is the answer D. II. and III. only?
(which means: car race-order doesn't matter, Apple picking-order matters, Committee members-order matters)
Is this answer right or wrong?
- Math - Reiny, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:53pm
You got it exactly backwards!
You mean to tell me that in a car race it doesn't matter who comes in first or second???
I wonder if you can talk Hélio Castroneves and Scott Dixon to swap places?
- Math - Happy Face, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:56pm
so...the answer would be...?
Answer this Question
- 4th grade math - han ate 3 apples out of a bag of 6 apples. lester ate 2 apples ...
- math - Pilar picked 12 apples. She gave 1/4 of the apples to Dwayne, 1/4 of the ...
- math - For fall festival, Mrs. Marco bought 6 bags of Golden Delicious apples. ...
- math - For Fall Festival, Mrs. Marco bought 6 bags of Golden Delicious apples. ...
- math - meredith picked 4 times as many green apples as red apples. if she picked...
- Math - The Farmers Market sells apples by the bushel, and each bushel of apples ...
- Maths - Three tired and hungry men went to sleep with a bag of apples. One man ...
- math - Problem- Ms.Kelly puts more than 5 apples in each bag. Write an ...
- math - The price of 10 pounds of apples is d dollars. If the apples weigh an ...
- math - Oscar picked 12 apples. He gave 1/3 of the apples to Gil and 1/3 of the ...