Posted by Cassie on Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:02pm.
I am doing a debate with my class on dress codes, and I have to write a speech. One of my points is that uniforms remove gang violence and also cliques based on clothes. Could you give me the links to some articles about gang violence related to dress or cases/situations when people have fought each other or even killed each other over a garment of clothing?
Thank you so much!
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:17pm
I didn't find any examples or statistics about how uniforms removed gang violence. But you may find these sites helpful.
- Forgot to add - Cassie, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:21pm
I forgot to add that I am affirmative, or pro-dress codes. Are there any more articles about cliques based on clothes? I'm trying to find a certain instance with a fight over clothes.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:38pm
Try these --
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:48pm
I suggest you emphasize how dress codes may prevent bullying and insults.
Many years ago, fashion for girls dictated short skirts. One short, chubby girl I remember wore short skirts, but she showed more than was appropriate -- and grossed me out. Because short skirts aren't for everyone, school policies changed to allow girls to wear slacks to school.
- Thank you SOOO much! - Cassie, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:50pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 7:04pm
You're very welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - We are doing a debate on dress codes in my class. I am on the ...
- english - While wearing uniforms does not necessarily guarantee academic success...
- english - How do I write an introduction on "dress codes in schools"? I intend ...
- english - This is my conclusion to my essay titled "dress codes in schools". Any...
- Literature - I have to write a persuasive essay on the topic of school uniforms...
- english - rewrite these sentences into reported speech. 1-where did you get ...
- english - This is what I came up with as an introduction to my essay titled "...
- english - This sentence is my main argument: Dress codes in schools help to ...
- English - Would someone edit my essay so far please. So far, I only have the ...
- English - Is this thesis statement better . Solving our economical problems of ...