Posted by Jana on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 10:56pm.
How do you divid whole numbers by decimals?
-decimals in general?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 11:03pm
You move the decimal point in the divisor to make it a whole number.
Example: 0.5 is 5.
Then you add one or more zeroes to the dividend. Move the decimal point over the same number of places that you did in the divisor.
Example: 20 = 200.
So -- 20 / 0.5 = 200 / 5 = 40
- Math - MathMate, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 11:09pm
If it is not a recurring decimal, I would find out how many decimal places I need to move to the right on the denominator to make it an integer (whole number). Then I add the same number of zeroes on the numerator and divide by the integer.
for 20/0.5 we need to move one position to the right.
275/3.14 (we need to move the decimal 2 position to the right)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - how to subtract numbers with decimals Line up the decimal points and ...
- MATH 6th - 1. Is there a website that can show me how to divide decimals by10-...
- algebra - true or false 1. fraction cant be written as decimal. 2. natural ...
- arithmetic - The wage rate in a certain trade is $8.60 and hour for a 40 hour ...
- Algerba II - Hi Do decimals such as 2.718 represent rational numbers or ...
- math - How do you multiply decimals If you look at the box up above that says ...
- math - how do u write decimals as fractions and how do u write decimals as mixed...
- statistics - For a t distribution with 16 degrees of freedom, find the area, or ...
- golden oak - Fractions and decimals. how to make whole numbers. and mixed ...
- Economics (39) - Suppose a random sample of size 40 is selected from a ...