Posted by Aaron on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 8:49pm.
I have a circle with a Tangent line, DE, running along it and connecting with another line, FC, which runs through the center of the circle to the other side.I have connected the center of the circle with point E on the edge of the circle with a radius. I have labeled the center of the circle O.
Angle D equals 40 degrees. Angle DEO equals 90 degrees. Angle FOE equals 50 degrees.
What is arc measure EF?
Geometry - Reiny, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:47pm
Don't know about anybody else, but I find the description of your diagram very confusing.
"I have a circle with a Tangent line, DE, running along it and connecting with another line, FC, which runs through the center of the circle to the other side."
Is E the contact point?
Are F and C on the circle?
"Angle D equals 40 degrees"
What are the arms of angle D?
Is D the intersection of line FC extended?
Finally you ask for the measure of the arc EF, but you give only angles and no measure of any sides.
the arc length will be a function of the radius of the circle, and since we have no lengths given at all .... ?????
Geometry - Aaron, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 10:00pm
E is the contact point.
F and C are on the circle and 180 degrees from each other.
Angle D is EDF.
finally, I need the angle measure of Arc EF
Geometry - Reiny, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 10:08pm
you said "finally, I need the angle measure of Arc EF "
I assume you meant the central angle subtended by arc EF ?
But didn't you say that angle FOE = 50º ?
Geometry - Aaron, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 10:16pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - I have a circle with a Tangent line, DE, running along it and ...
- GEOMETRY INSCRIBED ANGLES MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION - segment BC is tangent to ...
- calc - standard equation of circle concentric with X^2+Y^2-2X-8Y+1=0 and tangent...
- Math - I have a question my brother asked me but I need a math expert. You have ...
- Geometry - How to put each circle in standard form? 1. Center of the line 5x-3y=...
- math - a circle is tangent to the y-axis at y=3 and has one x-intercept at x=1 a...
- trig question - On a unit circle, sin x = square root 3 over 2, with center O. ...
- physics - An object, after being released from its circular path, travels the ...
- Geometry - Suppose that line t is tangent to circle center O and radius OP at ...
- math - From an exteror point P that is h units form a circle of radius r, a ...