Posted by Hope on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:57pm.
Solve the compound inequality.
-9 (less than or equal to) -3x - 9 (less than or equal to) 15
I totally forget how to solve inequalities, please help! Thanks!
Algebra - bobpursley, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:04pm
add 9 to each component.
divide by -3
Algebra - ~Emily~, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:25pm
This is what I got:
0(greater than or equal to)x(greater than or equal to) -8
(less than or equal to)=(LTorET)
(greater than or equal to)=(GTorET)
1. I broke it up into 2 problems
-9(LTorET)-3x-9 and -3x-9(LTorET)15
2.I solved the first problem by adding 9 to both sides. Then I had
3.I divided both sides by -3 which equaled
~~note: Flip the sign when dividing or multiplying by a negative~~
4. I did the same type of thing with
-3x-9(LTorET)15 which equaled
5. I got the answer:
x(LTorET)0 and x(GTorET)-8
~~however you want to write that~~
If you go to google and look up how to solve compound inequalities there are some good pages there.
Algebra - bobpursley, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:35pm
-8 on the right is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 2x + 3y is less than or equal to 6 solve b=6c for c The length of a ...
- math - 7. The tennis team is selling key chains as a fundraiser. If its goal is ...
- Math - Tanker boats cannot be in the bay when the depth of water is less or ...
- algebra 2 - 1. 5x+2>3x+10 =x>4 2. 8+2x< or equal too 6x-20 x> or ...
- College Algebra/Inequalities - solve the inequality x+3/x-2 less then or equal ...
- Algebra - The three-part inequality a < x ¡Ü b means "a is less than x and x ...
- math/algebra - solve the compound inequality. 2x-7 / 6 is less than or equal to...
- algebra II - 14. Solve the inquality -3(r-11) + 15 equal or greater than 9. 15....
- Solving inequalities - I have to solve the following inequalities: x^2 + y^2 is ...
- Math - Responding back as requested: This is all I was provided Solve the ...