Posted by y912f on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:32pm.
what happened to national attitudes and government policy to cause this dramatic change. (immigration to the U.S. in 1921 rose, immigration to the U.S. in 1926 fell)
the best answer will include information on American attitude towards Europe as a result of World War I, the Red Scarfs of 1920-1921, the hostility toward immigrants from the region and the resulting passage of immigration control legislation
please help me
history - bobpursley, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:41pm
I personally wonder if US attitudes and policy caused the drop. Times were considerably better in Europe in 1926 (the war ravages had ended, and better times were ahead it seemed). As most immigration had been from Europe, this had to have a considerable effect.
history - y912f, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:43pm
can you please give me some information to answer this quesiton
history - bobpursley, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:53pm
I cant, but hopefully othere can. I don't know that time period.
history - y912f, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:55pm
history - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:46pm
After World War I, many Americans wanted to turn away from the world and not become involved in anyone outside the U.S. They wanted to keep the U.S. free of any attitudes, customs, or feuds of the Old World. Several laws were passed that placed severe quotas on most immigration.
Check these sites for more information.
history - y912f, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 5:32pm
thank you soo much Ms.Sue
history - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 5:49pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - 25. What happened to national attitudes and government policy to ...
- Soc Stud - Why was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 necessary? A.The ...
- eth- please revise - Should United States government policy favor certain kinds...
- American History - How did isolationist beliefs affect immigration policy during...
- history project - I need to know these questions What is Immigration? Why did ...
- eth- please revise - Immigration policy in the United States deals with people ...
- American Democracy - Dramatic change in public opinion on basic issues in ...
- U.S. History - In what year did immigration from northern and western Europe ...
- U.S.History - Which of the following best describes key positions held by the ...
- history - for my history assignment i have to write about immigration...i'm ...