Posted by John on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:03pm.
How do you spend your money?
- I spend my money on _______.
1. novel books, poem books, essay books
2. novels, poems, essays.
(In the blank, which ones are suitable, #1 or #2? Thank you.)
English - coolcat, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:04pm
#2 because novels are books
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:05pm
2 is correct; 1 is not.
A couple of alternatives for #1, however, are these, but they're awkward:
... books of poems.
... books of essays.
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:06pm
# 2 is better.
It would be better to say:
I spend my money on books which include novels, poems, and essays.
English - John, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:11pm
What about storybooks, science books, or history books?
1. I spent my money on story.
2. I spent my money on storybooks.
(Which one do I have to use?)
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:15pm
In this case, #2 is correct.
There are different types of books, of course. Collections that have stories, poems, drama, etc., in them are called anthologies.
Science and history books are usually (but not always) textbooks.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - sabina had $200 she spent 3/5 on clothes and 3/4 of the reminder on books...
- math - A woman goes to a store that sells used books and spends half of her ...
- English - How do you spend our money? - I spend my money on _______. computer ...
- Math - Mr Lee spent 1/12 of his money on a.belt and 1/4 of it on books. He had $...
- Math - Tuku spent 1/3 of his mpney on school uniforms, 1/4 on books, 2/3 og the ...
- Math - A book store sells books for $4 each. When a customer purchases 2 books ...
- English - 1. I have as many books a Tom has. 2. I have as many books as Tom does...
- math - kelly spend 2/3 of her money on books and from the remaining money, kelly...
- College Math - Your small library of books consists of 6 novels, 7 mathematics ...
- math - Hector owns science fiction novels, coming c books, and mystery novels. ...