Posted by Saira on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:49pm.
i need help with a rate law question:
The reaction is
2ClO2(aq) + 2OH -(aq)---> ClO3-(aq)+ ClO2-(aq) + H2O(l)
INITIAL RATE= 5.75*10^-2
INITIAL RATE= 2.30*10^-1
INITIAL RATE= 1.15*10^-1
a) determine the rate law and the value of the rate constant.
b) what would be the initial rate for an experiment with [ClO2]0= 0.175 mol/L and [OH-]0= 0.0844 mol/L?
- Chemistry - Saira, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:50pm
WHen i did it the answers i got was order of reaction m= 2 and k = 4.6
Can someone please double check
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 7:53pm
Thanks for your answer.
I don't get that.
I have an order of 3 and k = 230
rate = k(ClO2^-)x(OH^-)y.
For x I have 2. For y I have 1. The order overall is 3. Check my work.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- CHEMISTRY - i need help with this pre lab question:| plse help me! teh following...
- Chem - 2ClO2 + 2OH- --> ClO2- + H2O Experiment 1, M of [ClO2] = .060 M of [OH...
- Chem Help .plz - pre-lab questin.. part a was to determine the rate law from the...
- Chemistry: Please check my answer - ClO2 is sometimes used as a chlorinating ...
- CHEMISTRY!!- - The following date were obtained for the reaction 2ClO2(aq)+2OH(...
- chemistry - If HClO2 is a stronger acid than HF, which is stronger than HOCl, ...
- chemistry - Given the table of Ka values on the right below, arrange the ...
- chemistry - Chlorine dioxide, ClO2, has been used as a disinfectant in air ...
- Chem 1046 - An electrochemical cell is based on these two half-reactions: Ox: Sn...
- chem 1046 - An electrochemical cell is based on these two half-reactions: Ox: Sn...