Posted by dawn on Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:44pm.
does cry has two syllables?
- 1st grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:47pm
- 1st grade - dawn, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:49pm
then does story has two syllables
- 1st grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:50pm
Yes. STO RY has two syllables.
- 1st grade - Writeacher, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 10:24pm
You can tell by its entry in a dictionary -- in print or online.
For example: sto·ry (2 syllables)
in·cred·i·ble (4 syllables)
be·cause (2 syllables)
in·ter·est (3 syllables)
But if you look up "cry" there will be no dots separating the syllables -- because there is only one syllable.
- 1st grade - Manny, Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 10:54pm
No Because clap and at the same time say cry.
- 1st grade - Kayla, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 11:57pm
No it is divided cry.One way to count syllables is toho;d your hand under your chin. Everytime your chin goes down is a syllable.
- 1st grade - rose, Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 11:02pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 1st grade - What did that boy asked him and John? is that a sentence also how ...
- 5th grade - could you help explain unstressed syllables? Homework is to ...
- 4th grade - break up these two words into syllables? COAST ODD
- For my son (maybe considered homework...) - Do you have a good link to where my ...
- 1st grade - What is a sentence a 1st grader can write using the word "past"?
- 4th grade - im upset with stressed syllables help
- 3rd grade english - how many syllables are there in once?
- Literary - what does this mean the definition: Word: "anapest" definition: three...
- 12th grade - Can you fine a love poem with ten syllables in it?
- 1st grade - Phone organize two wrod.letter.list.word how do I do it