Posted by Claire on Monday, June 1, 2009 at 6:01pm.
Bob wants to start a lawn in an area that is 110ft by 70ft. One bag of seed covers 1200 square feet. How many bags should he buy?
Please help me solve
Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 6:17pm
To find the area, multiply:
110 * 70 = 7700 square feet
Divide 7700 by 1200 to find the number of bags.
Remember that you can't buy part of a bag -- so you'll need to round up to the nearest whole number.
Math - Claire, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 6:19pm
Math - MathMate, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 6:20pm
The lawn is a rectangular area of 110 ft by 70 ft. Can you find tha area (A) of the lawn?
Now each bag covers 1200 sq.ft, so how many bags are required? You divide the area A by 1200.
If you go into my gardening shop and ask for 3.54 bags, I will sell you 4 bags, get the idea?
Write again if you could use some more help, or check your answer.
Math - MathMate, Monday, June 1, 2009 at 6:21pm
Try again Claire. Use a calculator if you need to.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - a back yard is shaped like a parallelogram with a height of 32 feet and a...
- math - A 25-lb bag of grass seed will cover 1200 square feet. If tour lawn is in...
- algebra - 1. There are 4 pounds of lawn seed to a bag. Three pounds of lawn seed...
- 5th grade (math) - The grass in Jenna's lawn has not grown in too well. She ...
- Math - Corey wants to buy grass seed for his yard, which measures 252 square ...
- math - the lawn rectangular shaped with a lenght of 10 yards and a width of 40 ...
- math - bob bender needs to buy fertilizer and fencing for his vegetable garden....
- math - A pound of grass seed covers 120 square feet of lawn. how many pounds are...
- math - The lawn is rectangular shaped with a length of 10 yards and a width of ...
- Math - a house with dimensions 52 ft x 40 ft sits on a lot that is 90 ft x 120 ...