posted by John .
1. Anne's diary was published under the title of The Diary of a Young Girl.
2. Anne's diary was published under the title The Diary of a Young Girl.
(Which one is correct? Do I have to write 'of' or not"?)
3. Did you write today's diary?
4. Did you write a diary today?
5. How about writing a diary now?
6. Will you write in a diary?
7. Will you write in today's diary?
8. Write three diaries about three days.
9. You have written two diaries, so you have to write the other diary in the notebook.
(Are all the expressions grammatical? would you correct the errors?)
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 5:13pm
The first one is correct: The Diary of a Young Girl
They're all correct -- except in # 9, we'd say IN the notebook.
Thank you for your help. I corrected some.
10. Did you keep a diary?
11. Keep today's diary.
12. Why not keep two diaries?
13. How about keeping three diaries for three days?
(How about these expressions? Are these all correct?)
I'd use #2, but put a comma after "title," and put the title of the book in italics.
All the rest sound fine!