Posted by Jus on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:05pm.
The angle 2x lies in the fourth quadrant such that cos2x=8/17.
1.Which quadrant contains angle x?
2. What is the measure of x, in radians?
I know that angle 2x is in quadrant 4, but quadrant x...? I am not sure where it is and how to get the measure of it in radians.
- Trig - bobpursley, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:10pm
Half of quadrant 4 is half of 270deg to 360 deg, or 135 to 190 deg, quadrant 2.
- Trig - Reiny, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:57pm
switch your calculator to radians
to get .470588...
press 2ndF, then cos
to get 1.08084
This would be the radian measure in the first quadrant, but you are in the fourth,
so 2pi - 1.0804 = 5.20235
but this is 2x
so x = 5.20235/2
(in degrees that would be 149.04º which is in compliance with what bobpursley told you above)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trig - The angle 2x lies in the fourth quadrant such that cos2x=8/17. 1.Which ...
- Math - The given angle is in standard position. Determine the quadrant in which ...
- math - In which quadrant does the terminal side of the angle with measure -245 ...
- Math Trig Find Quadrant I II III IV - In which quadrant is the terminal side of ...
- trig - Consider the angle in standard position whose measure is radians. The ...
- physics - Two forces are applied to ring of a force table, one at an angle 20.0 ...
- math - For the system of linear equations below, use graphing to determine in ...
- math - In which quadrant does the angle Θ lie given that Cos Θ > 0...
- geometry - is my answer correct, please? thanks very much M = measurement If M ...
- Math - Angle x is in the second quadrant and angle y is in the first quadrant ...