Posted by scooby91320002 on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:31pm.
Post a 50-word response to the following: Explain why the line x = 4 is a vertical line.
- math - DrBob222, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:34pm
Someone here will be happy to review your thoughts.
- Math.. check answer please - scooby91320002, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:47pm
i can not come up with 50 words.
hows this ?
a vertical line is up and down. since they state what x is just pick a number y should be. for example have y be 2. so now the pair is (4,2). remember the first number is the x axis and the second number is the y axis. now plot (4,2)
- math - drwls, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:52pm
I don't see why 50 words are needed.
The variable x has to be 4 and y can be anything. The y axis is up, so the plotted line containing all possible points is vertical.
What you wrote is ok, but you should start sentences with capitial letters
- math(updated) - scooby91320002, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:54pm
A vertical line is up and down. Since they state what x is just pick a number y should be. For example have y be 2. So now the pair is (4,2). Remember the first number is the x axis and the second number is the y axis. Now plot (4,2). Now pick another number for y to be. Once you have the number make it a pair. Like (4,-5) plot it and connect it to your previous dot.
- math - Damon, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 5:12am
Sure, but Drwls said it in fewer words.
Answer this Question
- Math - PLease help me with this: What kind of line is created when you graph the...
- Math - I need some data that could help me explain the following: Why the line x...
- Alegbra 116 Help Please - why the line x = 4 is a vertical line. Name three ...
- tyndall - 1. In the middle of the page, draw two vertical lines an inch long, an...
- math - okay, sorry for last post but this one i'm stuck on. Use the vertical ...
- Math /Algebra - I was challenged with this question: Explain why the formula for...
- ALGEBRA - Beagleboy how do I explain that in 50 words? Post your 50-word ...
- Math - i need help with this please..... Explain why the line x= 4 is a vertical...
- math - Explain in your own words why the line x = -8 is a vertical line.
- math - Explain in your own words why the line x = 4 is a vertical line.