Posted by Raju on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:41pm.
Stelco has been recently legislated to reduce total SO2 emissions from iron smelting operations. Select the most effective chemical reagent to desulfurize Stelco’s gas emissions
I believe the answer is A but I'm unsure with H2SO4.
Chemistry - Raju, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:49pm
sorry the rest of the choices are
I think its a.. since it displaces the ions
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:02pm
(Broken Link Removed)
The only problem with CaCO3 is that it is not very soluble but I suppose under some conditions enough Ca ions might be in solution to form calcium sulfite or calcium sulfate. H2SO4 would be great but who wants the problem then of getting rid of the excess acid.
Chemistry - Raju, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 5:23pm
So do you think that H2SO4 is the better choice? Or shall I stick with CaCO3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - you are hired as an environmental consultant at Stelco Inc., one of ...
- Chemistry - Stelco has been recently legislated to reduce total SO2 emissions ...
- chemistry - Stelco has been recently legislated to reduce total SO2 emissions ...
- Chemistry - I looked and could not find anything on iron smelting? Could you ...
- college algebra - Are total emissions or per-capita emissions a better gauge ...
- college algebra - Country CO2 Emissions (tons of carbon dioxide) 2012 population...
- Geography - The Harper government faced a grilling from global climate officials...
- Science - What factors might cause my contribution of carbon dioxide emissions ...
- ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - Lots of folks these days believe that CO2 ...
- Chemistry - A 18.7 g sample of CaCO3 was treated with aqueous H2SO4 producing ...