Posted by tsha on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 3:49pm.
One difference between the English sonnet and the Italian sonnet is its
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:19pm
Check this site.
(Broken Link Removed)
english - Anonymous, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 7:03pm
An Italian sonnet is composed of an octet (eight lines - abbaabba) and a sestet (six lines - either abcabc or ababab). The English sonnet comprises three quatrains (four line - abab) and one couplet at the end (two lines - aa). All sonnets have 14 lines.
english - baasha, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:39pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Poetry, Part 2 - One difference between English sonnet and the Italian sonnet is...
- Poetry - One difference between the English sonnet and the Italian sonnet is its
- English - One way an English sonnet is different from a Petrarchan sonnet ...
- Sonnet 130 and sonnet 18 - Hi, I'm doing some questions about comparing and ...
- English - Can someone help me come up with the a central theme for sonnet 15? ...
- English - Hello can someone help me come up with the central theme for sonnet 15...
- English - I have to write a prologue for Act 3 in "The Tragedy of Romeo and ...
- sonnet - who is the audience in shakespears sonnet 130? who is it aimed at?
- sonnet - i need to write a sonnet
- B. Lit - The rhyme scheme of the sonnet known as "Sonnet Seventy-Three was ...