Posted by John on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 6:40pm.
I am trying to get the polynomial;
into a partial fraction form so that I can create a system of equations to solve for. So far, after dividing I have
(x+1)(x-1)^2, and (x^2-x-3) as factors along with an remainder ype thing of x^2+4x+14. This gives me
A/(x+1)+ B/(x-1)+ C/(x-1)^2+ Dx+E/(x^2-x-3)
I dont know if this is right, and need help from here.
- pre-calc - Ms. Sue, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 7:50pm
Bobpursley already answered your question. What is it that you do not understand about his answer?
Also -- please don't keep posting the same question -- even under different names.
- pre-calc - jo, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:37pm
I dont understand how to convert the partial fractions into a system
- pre-calc - Reiny, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:31pm
Jo or John
very messy problem
your denominator is factored correctly
your answer to your long division is indeed x^2 + 4x + 14 but you don't say what that remainder is, because it is the remainder that you have to work with.
so you are working with
= A/(x+1)+ B/(x-1)+ (Cx+D)/(x-1)^2+ (Ex+F)/(x^2-x-3)
notice I changed the numerators of your last two fractions, because they have a quadratic denominator.
I now want you to watch this video
(Broken Link Removed)
beginning at time 16:00 he starts a problem very similar to yours
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- *re-Calc - I am trying to get the polynomial; x^7+2x^6+3x^5+4x^4+6x^3+6x^2+7x+8 ...
- Pre-Calc - How do I solve this via partial fraction decomposition? (x^2+9)/(x^4-...
- PRE CALC - please help me solve this partial-fraction decomposition! 12x-57/(x-...
- Homework - Math - This is dividing polynomial by monomials How do yu solve these...
- math - how do you turn fractions into decimals? what do you do with the ...
- Pre-Calc - Solve this system of linear equations. 5x+2y-7z=-13 9y+z=29 z=2 Is ...
- Pre-Calc - Please help me solve these two equations!! Divide and express as a ...
- Pre-Calc/Trig - Complete the following for each system that involves one or more...
- pre calc - write the form of the partial decomposition for the given rational ...
- Pre-Calc - How do I write the partial fraction decomposition of 7/(x^2+13x+40)?