Posted by Saira on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:43pm.
A protein subunit from an enzyme is part of a research study and needs to be characterized. A total of 0.180 g of this subunit was dissolved in enough water to produce 2.00 mL of solution. At 28C the osmotic pressure produced by the solution was 0.138 atm. What is the molar mass of the protein?
This is what i used:
Molar mass= (0.180g)(0.0821)(30lk)/(0.000276kg)(0.138)
Which is wrong can someone please help me.
- Chemistry.. - bobpursley, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:56pm
Where did you get .000276 kg. Shouldnt you have volume there..... 0.002liters?
- Chemistry.. - Saira, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:58pm
oops sorry when i multiply (0.002 Litres)(0.138) the answer i get is 0.000276 and kg was an accident
- Chemistry.. - DrBob222, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 3:01pm
You have used the 0.138 twice. Once to multiply by 0.002 and again by sticking it in the denominator.Replace the 0.000276 with 0.002 L (that's the volume) and leave the 0.138 atm as is. I get something like 16,000 but you need to do it exactly.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A protein subunit from an enzyme is part of a research study and ...
- Chemistry - ATP synthase, shown below, uses the proton (H ) gradient to drive ...
- biochemistry - Why do you think the proximal and distal histidines are ...
- Biology - What is a subunit? How can I determine where Docosahexaenoic Acid has ...
- bmb - Under appropriate conditions, hemoglobin dissociates into its four ...
- Bio - The _______ - subunit of most heterotrimeric G-proteins binds the guanine ...
- microbiology - Rifampin inhibits the â subunit of the E. coli RNA polymerase. A ...
- Science - The role of protein in hormone/enzyme functions? How protein assists ...
- Biology - What is the main subunit of DNA Nucleotides?
- biology - what is contracting subunit of skeletal muscle called