Posted by kate on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:02am.
If 20 g KCL is dissolved in 100g of water at 20 degrees C, is the solution unsaturated, saturated, or supersaturated?
chemistry - PC, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:10am
If you google "potassium chloride Wiki", you will find somewhere the solubility of KCl as 34.4 g/100 ml. of water at 20 degrees C.
Refering to your previous question on saturated solution, you will find a definition of solubility, you should be able to tell if 20 g of KCl in 100 g of water is unsaturated or saturated.
Recall that the definition of
"A solution in which the maximum amount of solvent has been dissolved."
Note: water weighs (almost exactly) 1 g per ml.
chemistry - kate, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:30am
so it is unsaturated
chemistry - bobpursley, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:42am
chemistry - kate, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:56am
i think it is saturated
chemistry - bobpursley, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 10:04am
I think you are not reading the graph, and are guessing. You are wrong.
chemistry - PC, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:04am
You'd have to read the graph, but concentrate on the line that says KCl. The x-axis represents the temperature, and the y-axis represents the maximum number of grams of solute (KCl) that dissolves in water. This value represents the saturation point. Any solution containing less than this quantity is unsaturated.
Now, can you give it another try?
chemistry - kate, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 1:47pm
chemistry - PC, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 4:47pm
chemistry-PC - bobpursley, Friday, May 29, 2009 at 4:48pm
PC: email me if you are interested in becoming a regular volunteer teacher.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - If 20 g KCl is dissolved in 100g of water at 20 degrees C, is the ...
- chem - If 20 g KCL is dissolved in 100g of water at 20 degrees C, is the ...
- Chemistry - Hi, my question is: "Classify each of the following as saturated, ...
- chemistry - If 60 grams of KCl can be dissolved in 100 grams water. Would the ...
- chem - is a solution containing 35g of NaCl per 100g of water at 25 degrees ...
- Chemistry - the solubility of aspartic acid in water is .500 g in 100 mL at 25 ...
- soran university - 1. Which salt is LEAST soluble at 0 ºC? 2. How many grams of ...
- chemistry - a chemist dissolves kcl in water at constant temperature until no ...
- chemistry - The solubility of NaCl at 17 celsisus degrees is 39 g per 100 ml ...
- chem - A solution contains 32 g of KNO3 per 100g of water at 25 degree C. Is the...