Posted by k on Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 5:59pm.
You purchase a shirt for $8.50. There is a 6% sales tax. Your total cost will be
how can i solve this?
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 6:10pm
$8.50 * 1.06 = ?
- math - k, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 6:20pm
how did u get the 1.06?
6% i move the % sign moved the decimal 2 place to left 0.06?
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 6:33pm
Right. 6% = 0.06
You could multiply 0.06 * 8.50 to find the tax. Then you can add the tax to the original price.
- math - Madenah, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 12:36pm
Cost price = $8.50
Sales tax = 6% x 8.50
0.06 x 8.50 = $0.51
Total cost = Cost price + Sales tax
= $8.50 + $0.51 = $9.01
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Consumer Math - 11. You purchase a shirt for $8.50. There is a 6% sales tax. ...
- Math - Candy purchased the following items. •2 shirts that cost $15.00 each •...
- Computer Science - Design a program that will ask the user to enter the amount ...
- math - you want to buy a shirt that costs $20. The sales tax is 7.25%.What is ...
- math - Find the sales tax rate in your area. Using this tax rate, write a linear...
- Java Programming - I'm a beginner to Java and I need to know how to do the ...
- Compter programing Design - Design a program that will ask the user to enter the...
- math - A sales tax of 6% of the cost of a car is added to the purchase price of...
- Computer Programming Design - Design a program that will ask the user to enter ...
- Math - Hi, I am doing my summer assignment and I do not understand a problem. ...