Posted by sh on Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:13am.
60% of the hockey players are from Eastern Canada and 40% are from Western Canada. 18% of the Eastern players and 12% of the Western players go on to play in the NHL. If a randomly chosen NHL player is selected, what is the probability that he is from Western Canada?
- math - PC, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:45am
Your answer tells me that you are in the right direction, but there is something wrong with the expression:
because it evaluates to 9.259 > 1.
Think of a bag of 4 red and 6 blue marbles. The chances of drawing a red would be
Rework your expression and I am sure you'll get the right answer.
- math - Damon, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:45am
yes,y ou have it right
say there are 100 total
E in NHL = .18*60 = 10.8
W in NHL = .12*40 = 4.8
Total = 10.8+4.8 = 15.6
fraction W in total = 4.8/15.6
- math - Damon, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:47am
Oh, but you multiplied on the bottom instead of adding.
- math - sh, Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 8:01am
Whoops, a typo. I finally got one of these questions right :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - 8 basketball players are selected to play in a special game.the players ...
- statitic - is there a significant difference in the mean weight between the ...
- math - combinations - To study the unity of Canada, a seven=person committee is ...
- maths - A small primary school has a total enrolment of 50 students. A total of ...
- Math - In hockey, 6 players from each team are on the ice at a time: 1 goalie, 2...
- Geography - This is a question about acid rain, in Canada in particular. Acid ...
- math - Hadley's softball team has a phone tree in case a game is cancelled.The ...
- philosophy - Eastern and Western Philosophers Comparison Paper Write a 700- to-1...
- math - Write Equation to Represent Situation: In the school band, there are 5 ...
- Algebra 1 thx - Hadley's softball team has a phone tree in case a game is ...