Posted by y912f on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:21pm.
which of the following pairs of words is an examle of approximate rhyme?
C, because it is similar but not exact
english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:28pm
I pronounce the two words in c. the same.
But there is one pair that don't sound exactly alike to me.
Same them all out loud. If necessary, look up the words in a dictionary to see their pronunciation.
english - y912f, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:29pm
english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:32pm
You have a question mark. Did you pronounce all of these words out loud? Did you look up some of them in a dictionary?
You might also consider other rhyming words. Do they all sound the same?
good >> wood, would, could
food >> mood, rude, brood
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - just making sure: which of the following pairs of words is an example ...
- English 2 - 1. Which of the following sentences contains an implied metaphor? a...
- English Lit - I have two questions about these Emily Dickinson's "Wild Night" 1....
- English 3 - Would tonight/night be an exact rhyme or a slant rhyme? And is begin...
- Math Statistics - N= 80 p = 0.7 x = 62? A) Exact: 0.0335; Approximate: 0.0334 B...
- English - The food tastes good. The food tastes so good. The food tastes rather...
- Literature - 11. Which of the following pairs of words may be used as an example...
- English 3 - 14. All of the following are unusual elements of Walt Whitman's free...
- English - Ms. Sue help - I need help with the poem "Scott's Goodbye"....it asks ...
- English - 1. The fourth stanza of the poem offers an example of (1 point) slant ...