Posted by y912f on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 7:48pm.
Which is not an example of an idiom found in "Miss Rosie"?
a. "when I watch you"
b. "[you] used to be called"
c. "waiting for your mind"
d. "I stand up"
i think it's A. idiom is something can't be understood through literal definition (?). like for example: to fall in love. is an idiom.
and D; stand up for something is an idiom
C; waiting for your mind is an idiom because it means waiting for your thoughts
i'm not sure but i think B would also be considered an idiom
so my guess is A. is that correct?
- english - bobpursley, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 7:52pm
Hmmmm. THe woman actually was called that. B.
- english - y912f, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 7:54pm
B? are you sure?
- english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:05pm
I think this is a poor question. In my opinion, neither A nor B, as stated, are idioms.
- english - y912f, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:18pm
yea i'm so confused
what should i put?
- english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:22pm
Tell them that the question is bad and that both A and B are right.
Yeah -- I know -- you probably can't do that -- so use your best judgment.
- english - y912f, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8:27pm
actually i will try to do that
- english - Sarah, Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 8:54pm
I'm taking the same exam, I wasn't sure either. Which one was correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - which is not an example of an idiom found in "Miss Rosie"? a. "when I ...
- english - please can someone answer this . i'v posted it so many times but no ...
- english.poem, Miss Rosie - the line "I stand up" in the poem "Miss Rosie" ...
- English 2 - 1. Which of the following sentences contains an implied metaphor? a...
- english - what does miss rosie symbolize in the poem miss rosie by lucille ...
- eth drbob - Can you help me I read your post on Pyne and culturism. I don't ...
- English 111 - 33. I'll make a centerpiece out of it. 36. I thought it was a ...
- English - i need ajectives (5), adverbs(5), similie (1), idiom (1), metphor (1) ...
- English - WFE question the guy who owned rosie be4 call her dumb as bag oof ...
- English - 1. I want to make an educational program. I will name it "Let's Learn ...