Posted by Amy on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 6:26am.
I need help with these three problems. They are on a Study Guide and I need some refreshing up of how to do them.
17. Solve the equation using the zero product property...
19. Solve the equation by factoring
20. Solve the equation by completing the square..
Thank you.. Please show me how you did it if possible.
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 7:47am
in #1 you probably meant
-8n(5n+3) = 0
When you have the product of two or more factors equal to zero and the result is zero, that can only happen if any one of the factors equal to zero.
so-8n = 0, then n = 0
5n+3 = 0,
(5z + 3)(z - 1) = 0
then 5z+3 = 0 or z-1 = 0
z = -3/5 or z=1
#3 did you mean
take 1/2 of the middle term coefficient, square it, then add to both sides
1/2 of -3 is -3/2, square that gives you 9/4
x^2 - 3x + 9/4 = 4 + 9/4
(x-3/2)^2 = 25/4
x - 3/2 = +- 5/2
x = 3/2 +- 5/2
x = 4 or -1
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 9:19am
in my solution to #2
the (5z + 3)(z - 1) = 0
should have been
(5z - 3)(z + 1) = 0
Please make the necessary corrections in my solution, sorry about the slip.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - I need help with these three problems. They are on a Study Guide and I ...
- Math - I need help with these three problems. They are on a Study Guide and I ...
- Math - I need help with how to do these problems.. SOLVE THE EQUATION USING THE ...
- Algebra - Solve the equation using the Zero Product Property. (3x + 1)(x – 5) = ...
- Algebra 1--Please, help me! - Solve the following equation by graphing the ...
- Algebra - I have some problems that I am having trouble with and I have some ...
- Math - The following are the last two problems on my test review. I am trying to...
- Algebra 1 - Solve the following equation by graphing the related function. 1. ...
- Algebra 2 (check) - I have some problems that I've answered and I need someone ...
- Math - I need help to set the equation up to solve a system to ensure that I get...