Posted by Mae on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 7:07pm.
How virulent is the disease schizophrenia?
Can someone help me with answering this question? I do not understand what they are asking.
Biology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 7:21pm
First, let's get the definition of "virulent" from Dictionary.com.
"Medicine/Medical. highly infective; malignant or deadly."
If you don't understand those words, look them up in a dictionary.
You may also need to look up "schizophrenia."
We'll be glad to check your answer.
Biology - Mae, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 7:59pm
Will this answer be correct?
Schizophrenia is not deadly, but the effects of a schizophrenic episode may turn deadly.
Biology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:04pm
True -- but the deadly effects of schizophrenia are fairly small when compared with many other diseases. I would say that schizophrenia is not very virulent.
Biology - Mae, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:09pm
Thank you !
Biology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:12pm
You're welcome. I suspect the death rates of people with severe depression is greater than for those with schizophrenia.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- health - Which of the following statements about schizophrenia is true? a. ...
- Psychology - Can someone please tell me if I have chosen the correct answer? I ...
- Biology Raynaud's Disease - Hey im doing a powerpoint presentation on this ...
- religion,help - How do contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations ...
- Biology HELP - How would the production of gelatinase help a pathogen be more ...
- Psychology - Need help asap! Regarding schizophrenia, which of the following ...
- Biology - Can someone please help me find a website? I am doing a project on ...
- Psychology - Need help please! I need to know if this the correct answer. Please...
- health and disease - I am doing a essay on alzheimers and know and was wondering...
- Biology help - please can someone help i need to know the difference at ...