Posted by Kiska on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:49am.
Why do you think church authorities forced Galileo to deny his ideas on the universe? To point out, Galileo was the first guy who believed that the universe was heliocentric, and when he tried to convince others, he was tortured, so he took back his words and his theory and said that the universe is geocentric... So do you know why church authorities didn't want to agree with him? Pleasssee helppp!
- Science - History - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:53am
There is information on your post here:
- Science - History - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:55am
Read that first sentence carefully.
A book (or section of one) you may want to read.
- Science - History - Kiska, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:55am
Wait no! I really messed this up... Copernicus was the one who first came up with heliocentrism... and then he was tortured... So now the question is, why do you think church authorities forced Capernicus to deny his ideas on the universe? I apologize for the mistake! Thanks :]
- Science - History - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:58am
You can re-conduct the search by going to http://www.google.com and entering the following:
why church authorities didn't agree with copernicus
- Science - History - bobpursley, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 10:37am
Sometimes folks in authority cannot take dissent. In Copernicus' case, his head was removed. In the case of Valerie Plume, she lost her career.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - which of the following possibly outcomes regarding the universe do ...
- science - if you believe that the universe is geocentric, you would believe that...
- Science - Have I matched the right Scientists with these famous sayings: ...
- Science: Galileo - What does Galileo's Dialogue of 2 Chief World Systems talk ...
- Science-Universe and Stars - what s the osc illating theory of universe? the ...
- scientist - In What role does Galileo play in for the theories of geocentric and...
- Universe and the Stars - what s the osc illating theory of universe? the ...
- Cosmology - A curvature constant of k=0, as used in the Friedmann equation, ...
- Science-Universe and Stars - Now i have to conpare the oscilating theory with ...
- Cosmology - The solution of Olbers' Paradox is: - The universe is opaque at ...