Posted by lola on Monday, May 25, 2009 at 8:39pm.
we're doing vocab and there's some i don't understand
-intrepid is to daunt as
a. diligent is to tantalize
b. incredulous is to hoodwink
c. incorrigible is to surmount
d. obstreperous is to rejuvenate
i think this one is a. but im not sure
-languid is to vigor as
a. bleak is to timeliness
b. sparse is to direction
c. stagnant is to motion
d. brazen is to intention
-words are to garble as
a. dreams are to succumb
b. hopes are to aspire
c. thoughts are to muddle
d. emotions are to forestall
and I think this one is c. but again, not sure
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: Match each of the words in ...
- English - 1. He is strong and an office worker. 2. He is diligent and strong. 3...
- vocab-true or false - True or False: 1. A subway breakdown at rush hour can ...
- Vocab/spelling - I need help I do Not understand the difference between country"...
- English - Thought to be _______, the criminal was sentenced to life without ...
- English - 1. John has a book, doesn't he? 2. John has a book, hasn't he...
- english - i need sentences fo the words lobbyist, jubilation, intrepid.
- English 9 college prep - I need to write 3 sentences using the words "...
- English help - From the words below supply the words needed to complete the ...
- English: Vocab - Unctuous - full of unction; especially : revealing or marked by...