Posted by John on Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 1:58am.
1. The next batter hit the ball straight up into the air. I jumped and made the catch.
2. The next batter hit the ball straight up into the air. I jumped and made a catch.
3. The next batter hit the ball straight up into the air. I jumped and caught.
4. The next batter hit the ball straight up into the air. I jumped and caught the ball.
(Can we use all the expressions as in the above sentences? Which ones are correct expressions?)
5. The coach told us before the game.
6. The coach told us before the game starts.
(Are both the same and correct?)
7. According to the order of the content of the reading text, write down each number for the picture.
8. Choose the statements which are appropriate for the content of the reading text.
9. Write down the names of the sports games in English.
10. Let's talk about the happiest day in/of your life.
(From 7 through 10, Are they all grammatical?)
11. In a baseball game, can we use 'batsman', 'hitter', and 'batter'? Do they have the same meaning? (It's a question.)
- English - SraJMcGin, Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 2:11am
#3 does not work. You could say "I jumped and caught it."
#6 The coach told us = past tense so before the game starts (present tense) is not a good sequence of tense. You might say "before the game started." Then it is past tense with past tense.
#7 through 10 are grammatical but #7 is very long and cumbersome.
To answer your question, yes they mean the same thing.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 8:43am
#7 can be made better like this:
According to the order of content in the text, write down each number for the picture.
(Simply removing some extraneous words.)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a pitching machine throws a baseball at a batter with an initial ...
- Math - A batter hits a baseball straight up into the air. The height of the ball...
- Physics - a batter hits a baseball into the air. If the horizontal component (X-...
- physics - A pitcher throws a baseball to a batter at 95 mph from a distance, d, ...
- psychics - you throw a ball straight upward into the air with a velocity of 20....
- Physics - I posted this question before and i really need help on it... A ...
- science - A cannon ball is fired straight up into the air at a speed of 80 ft/...
- physics - A pitched ball was hit by a batter at a 30ᵒ angle at a velocity ...
- physics - Lance threw a ball straight up into the air. The ball's gravitational ...
- Physics - Aroldis Chapman throws a baseball towards a batter from a height of 2....