Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:34am.
Need help with these questions:
1.When a calcium atom forms an ion, it loses two electrons. What is the electrical charge of the calcium ion?
2.Which particle builds a static electrical charge when it is transferred from one object to the other?
I think this one might be A or B...
3.What causes nickel and certain other metals to be magnetic?
A.the influence of earth's magnetic field
B.the motion of protons in their atoms
C.their atoms have more electrons that protons
D.the pattern of electrons in their atoms
- Physical Science - bobpursley, Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:37am
1. What family is calcium in?
2. If a proton moves, the atom is changed to a new material.
3. The placement of electrons in energy orbitals results in a net magnetic moment for some atoms.
- Physical Science - mysterychicken, Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:50am
So #3 is D?
- Physical Science - mysterychicken, Friday, May 22, 2009 at 12:11pm
Nevermind I got the answers
- Physical Science - steven, Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:44am
what grade is this
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- DrBob222-Questions - Can you please check these for me. Thank you very much in ...
- Science - When an oxygen atom forms an ion, it gains two electrons. What is the ...
- Physics - Thank you for answering my previous questions! I have another one now ...
- Chemistry - Which one pair has the larger radius?Explain? a. Calcium atom or ...
- Chemistry - Which one in this pair has the larger radius? Explain a. Calcium ...
- Chemistry 22 - Which one in this pair has the larger radius? Explain a. Calcium ...
- Chemistry - when a calcium atom loses its valence electrons, the ion formed has ...
- science - Which statement best compares an atom to an ion? A.An ion is an atom ...
- Physics -- Repost - Homework Help Forum: Physics Posted by Sandra on Sunday, ...
- Physical Science - Plse help i need so much hlep on thes questions i am SO ...