Posted by sarah jane on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 8:27am.
Please can you check these translations?
1.Do you see what I see?
2.Feeling hot hot hot!
3.Relaxing in the sun.
4.At least it's not raining cats and dogs!
5.I'm scared of heights!
6.Rover, hang on!
7.Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
1. vous faire voit que je vois ?
2. se sentant chaud chaud chaud !
3. relâchant dans le soleil.
4. au moins il ne pleut pas de chat et des chiens !
5. je m a effrayé de hauteurs !
6. Xavier, pendre sur !
7. il permettre de neiger, il permet de neige, il permet de neige.
8. g-g-gelant !
- french - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 9:51am
1. word order for question is: question word/interrogative (if there is one) + conjugated verb + subject + information. In other words, "inversion" for question word order. Voyez-vous (OR Vois-tu) ce que je vois?
2. "Feeling" is not clear, as there is no subject. Is this feeling with senses? Then it is toucher. Is it feeling with hands, emotion, etc.? Sentant chaud chaud chaud.
3. Détandant dans le soleil. Again, is it relax as in "loosen, stretch out" or "loosen, release?" Anything taken out of context (or exactly how it is used) may not be translated correctly!
4. Au moins (OR Du moins), il ne pleut pas à seaux.
5. J'ai peur de hauteurs. (Je m'effraye de hauteurs.)
6. Xavier(?) Rover can be "vagabond!" but "hang on" is a command, either familiar or formal = se cramponner (à) or s'accrocher (à) = cramponnez-vous/cramponne-toi or accrochez-vous/accroche-toi.
7. Qu'il neige. (Que la neige tombe = let the snow fall?)
8. Freezing as a noun? as an adjective? noun = congélation but adjective = glacial. to freeze as a verb = geler.
It would be most interesting to know what Level French you are in, your textbook, etc.!
Sra (aka Mme)
- french - sarah jane, Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 1:13pm
The task was to write captions for weather pictures
- french - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 6:26pm
Depending upon the level of French you are in and the textbook, always try to use the grammar and vocabulary you have studied.
Sra (aka Mme)
- french - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 6:35pm
Here ais a weather site you might enjoy visiting:
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - you are planning a cookout. you figure that you will need at least 5 ...
- Chemistry - For this picnic, you need to feed at least 300 people. If you want ...
- maths: Lowest common multiple - Hot dogs are sold in packages of 12 while hot ...
- Economics - Ashley is currently consuming 10 hot dogs and 8 hamburgers a week. ...
- Math - Please show me how to solve the following problem: The ocncession stand ...
- Math - A vendor sold 2/3 of his hot dogs in the morning and 1/6 in the afternoon...
- MATH - MACHO ATE 125 HOT DOGS OVER A FIVE DAY PERIOD. EACH DAY HE AT SEVEN MORE ...
- Math - "Mr. Macho, my great dane, ate 125 hotdogs over a five-day period. Each ...
- math - A hot dog vendor at the zoo recorded the average temperature and the ...
- math - At the school carnival, Carmen sold 3 times as many hot dogs as Shawn. ...