Posted by Jen on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:24pm.
2. Final Project: My Proposal for a New System
„h Resource: Appendix A
„h Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum
„h Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format that addresses the following: Develop a unique proposal that describes a new health care system. Consider the current U.S. health care system¡¦s strengths, weaknesses, and challenges. Be sure to include your answers to the following:
o What is your vision for the new health care system?
o Who benefits most from this new system?
o Are there any populations that would be disadvantaged by this new system? If so, who?
o What current challenges would be solved by implementing your new proposal?
o Would the proposed system create any new problems?
Here's what I was able to come up with so far...Do you see anything else that I can add to this?
My proposal for a new health care system would be to make heath care affordable and accessible to all Americans. There are too many Americans today who decide not to take health insurance because of the high costs. Some Americans decide to take no insurance and put their health at great risk. This new healthcare system will strengthen our economy and give Americans the healthcare we deserve.
My vision for the new healthcare system would be to open up healthcare to all uninsured, underinsured, and also lower the costs of individuals paying for private insurance. Since social security is slowly diminishing; the new healthcare system should help steer away some individuals from government funding, to allow taxpayers pay less into social security. This system allows for a more independent healthcare that provides good health coverage. The government can step in and work together with doctors, pharmacies and insurance companies to lower the costs of healthcare, drug costs and health insurance plans.
I believe all Americans in need of healthcare would benefit most from this new system. This system would help transform the healthcare system; the costs of healthcare can decrease, premiums and deductibles can be lowered, premiums for health insurance can be lowered. With the falling economy, this will lessen a burden with individuals who solely rely on government funding and help low-income families and the elderly. Millions of Americans today are without health insurance because of the rising costs in healthcare. Increasing healthcare costs make it difficult for businesses and employers to provide adequate health insurance. Too many Americans go without valued preventative medical services. Our healthcare system has become a disease care system, and time for change is long overdue.
Cutting back on the need from using government funding would be a great challenge we can overcome from this new system. The underinsured and uninsured can have access to great healthcare without having to choose between getting medications or putting food on their tables. This new program will allow individuals have more access to healthcare plans; individuals will be able to choose between more doctors and healthcare plans. Another challenge we face is getting the government and all associated parties to be on board with the new proposed system.
Problems can arise with any new system or changes. The new proposed system will be new to everyone, and Americans will need to allow time for the adjustments and for implementing the new changes. In the end, Americans will see how this new health care system can be beneficial and change the view of healthcare for many generations to come.
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:26pm
Maybe I missed something -- but how is your health care system to be funded? Who will pay for it?
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Jen, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:29pm
I trying to base the system off what president obama is proposing..he is propsing..
Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan strengthens employer–based coverage, makes insurance companies
accountable and ensures patient choice of doctor and care without government interference. Under the plan, if
you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500
per year. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance
Basically health insurance costs rates will decrease and we will begin to steer awaw from government funding.
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Jen, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:35pm
Any suggestions to make this sound better..?
I'm having a lot of trouble with this assignment
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:41pm
This site has more details about the funding.
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Jen, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:48pm
Thanks for your help :o)
- Health-Anything I can add to this? Can anyone help - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:52pm
You're very welcome. Good luck -- this is a complex issue!
Answer this Question
- health - CheckPoint: Approaches to Valuation „h Resource: Appendix C „h Due Date...
- computers - 2. Final Project: Bead Bar Systems Development Project • Resources: ...
- HCA/210 INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH CARE - Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that ...
- Health care Administration - I have to write a 700-1050 word paper that ...
- HHS 265 - Assignment: Community Foundations Paper Resources: Chapter 13 (pp. 174...
- accounting 220 - Final Project: Final Project • Resources: Appendix A • Due Date...
- Proposal letter in APA Syle - I need help on writing a proposal letter from 700-...
- eth 125 - If you're curious, you can see what a search for . Final Project: Race...
- science - CheckPoint: Terrestrial Resource Plan · Resources: Ch. 12-16 of ...
- health - 5. CheckPoint: Numeric Filing Resource: Ch. 6 of Essentials of...