Posted by y912f on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 8:33pm.
a field 480,000 m^2 is 160 m wide. What length of fencing is needed to enclose it?
i thought you would just have to do A=lw
but the answer is wrong. the correct answer is in the six thousands.
pre-algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 8:36pm
Ok -- as far as you went.
You found the length of one side, which is 3,000 meters.
But the question asks for the length of fencing needed to enclose the field. In other words, you need the perimeter of the field.
P = 2L + 2W
P = ??
pre-algebra - y912f, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 8:47pm
ohhh, now i get it....6320m
i thought of that at one point, but didn't try doing it
thanks Ms. Sue :)
pre-algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 8:48pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- managerial accounting - The break-even point in dollar sales for Rice Company is...
- Accounting - (Question) June 1 2008---Received a $6000, 1-year, 8%, note from ...
- Accounting (Journal Entries) - (Question) June 1 2008---Received a $6000, 1-year...
- Pre-Algebra - If y varies directly with x and y = 3 when x = 12, then what is ...
- Math - Calculate the length of fencing needed to enclose a yard measuring 107' ...
- Math please check answer - please check my answer thanks What would be the ...
- drbob222, math , algebra - Can you recheck this hopefully this time i did it ...
- consumer mathematics - How many feet of fencing would be needed to enclose a ...
- Science - 1). Assume the following: -the house has 2,000 square feet -80,000 BTU...
- Advanced accounting - The balance sheets of Petrello Company and Sanchez Company...