Posted by Jus on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:25pm.
One day, a controversial video is posted on the Internet that seemingly gives concrete evidence of life on other planets. Suppose that 50 people see the video the first day after it is posted and that this number doubles everyday after that.
a) write an expression to describe the number of people who have seen the video t days after it is posted.
b) one week later, a second video is posted that reveals the first as a hoax. Suppose that 20 people see this video the first day after it is posed and that this number triples every day after that. Write an expression to describe the number of people who have seen the 2nd video t days after it is posted.
c) set the two expressions from parts a and b to equal each other and then solve for t. What does this solution mean?
Ok can you just check my answers for parts a and b, except for part c i dont know what this means.
c) I set them equal to each other and the variable disappeared on me..ie cancelled out What does this mean?
- pre-calc - bobpursley, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:42pm
right on a,b.
50 2^t = 20 3^t
take the log of each side
log50 + t*log2 = log 20 + t log3
solve for t
log to any base, your calculator is your friend on this.
- pre-calc - Jus, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 7:06pm
Ok but I have
- pre-calc - Jus, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 7:07pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Every day, there are 5 times more likes on an internet video of a ...
- STATISTICS - A statistics professor conducted a study on the effect of playing ...
- Math - Define variables and write a system of equations for this situation. ...
- Algebra - Write a system of equations to match each of these problems. Then ...
- Algebra 1 thx - Antonia is saving for a video game. On the first day, she saves ...
- Social Studies - how has the internet changed video voyerism? noone answered ...
- HLEP! - HOW CAN VIDEO GAMES BE GOOD FOR YOU? Video games may improve eye-hand ...
- math - Look at the revenue for videos rented (v) on a given day at two ...
- Math - I posted this problem the other day and someone answered it but when I ...
- math - A video store charges $2.75 per day for overdue videos. You owe a late ...