Posted by Sam on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:22pm.
How has Marie Curie helped us understand the universe in which we live?
Science - bobpursley, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:25pm
I will be happy to critique your ideas.
Science - Sam, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:27pm
Okay well i'm thinking along the lines of this:
She created the theory of radioactivity. Although Henri Becquerel discovered radioactivity in 1896, Marie Curie and her devoted husband discovered that radioactivity is much more complicated than people thought.
Although I need more info on how much more complicated it is.
Science - bobpursley, Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:33pm
You can google radioactivity to find that out.
All this was discovered at the time the nucleus was being discovered, and it was unclear why the instability was present in some atoms, in some isotopes. Curie developed the methodology to understand this.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - How does Marie Curie help us understand the universe in which we live?
- English - I am having trouble writing a topical outline and expanding it to a ...
- Science - How does Marie Curie help us understand the universe in which we live...
- Science - What were five accomplishments of marie curie?
- science - How did Marie Curie influence the world?
- Science - What are 5 key accomplishments of Marie and/ or Pierre Curie?
- HELP!!! SCIENCE!!! - What are three key accomplishments of Marie and/or Pierre ...
- Science-Universe and Stars - what s the osc illating theory of universe? the ...
- science - for my marie curie report I need 5 things that will fit into a bag ...
- science - respected teachers, i need brief biography about 1. Charles Darwin 2. ...