Posted by John on .
1. He struck me on the head.
He struck my head.
2. He looked me in the face.
He looked at my face.
3. He took me by the hand.
He took my hand.
(Is each pare the same? Which one is frequently used?)
There are very slight differences between each of the pairs.
1. The first one implies that he hit you on top of your head, while the second implies that he could have hit any place on your head.
2. The first one implies that you made eye-contact, while the second might be just a quick glance at your face.
3. The first implies that he took your hand to lead you somewhere. The second implies that you were holding hands.