Posted by Taylor on Friday, May 15, 2009 at 2:49pm.
These 5 sentences are about the same topic. By comparing them, which sentence would you conclude to be bias.
1.Roughly ten illegal immigrants are caught at the border each day.
2.In ten days, about one hundred illegal immigrants were stopped at the border.
3.Say agent Radcliffe, "At my post,less than fifteen illegal immigrants are caught daily."
4.A ridiculously high number of illegal immigrants are caught at the border everyday.
5.The Border Patrol estimates that about ten illegal immigrants are caught at the border each day, for everyone caught, the BP estimates that six get away.
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:10pm
And which one do YOU say?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:52pm
I think it is sentence 5
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:54pm
Which of those sentences is the least factual? Which one asks for an emotional response?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:58pm
The least factual sentence I guess would be sentence 4
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:28pm
You are absolutely 100% right. And bias appeals to which, fact or emotion?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:35pm
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:36pm
You are right on!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - The factory in “Mexicans Begin Jogging” was under investigation for a...
- Statistics - What is the percentage of immigrants living here in the U.S. ...
- english - I am going to write about illegal immigration and my topic is putting...
- AP English Literature - I'm doing a research essay about "anchor babies", or in ...
- spell - Should Illegal Immigrants Be Allowed Into The U.S? Illegal immigrants ...
- english - Thanks for help and websites. Here is what I've written about the ...
- spell - Illegal immigrants should be allowed into America. An illegal immigrant ...
- english - is this a good introduction What is it about America that people from ...
- Civics - Hi, I have a question. Naturalized U.S citizens have a. the same rights...
- English - Is this a good introductory paragraph for a persuasive essay? If not, ...