Posted by Taylor on Friday, May 15, 2009 at 2:49pm.
These 5 sentences are about the same topic. By comparing them, which sentence would you conclude to be bias.
1.Roughly ten illegal immigrants are caught at the border each day.
2.In ten days, about one hundred illegal immigrants were stopped at the border.
3.Say agent Radcliffe, "At my post,less than fifteen illegal immigrants are caught daily."
4.A ridiculously high number of illegal immigrants are caught at the border everyday.
5.The Border Patrol estimates that about ten illegal immigrants are caught at the border each day, for everyone caught, the BP estimates that six get away.
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:10pm
And which one do YOU say?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:52pm
I think it is sentence 5
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:54pm
Which of those sentences is the least factual? Which one asks for an emotional response?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 3:58pm
The least factual sentence I guess would be sentence 4
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:28pm
You are absolutely 100% right. And bias appeals to which, fact or emotion?
- English - Taylor, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:35pm
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:36pm
You are right on!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I leave in a day or so. 2. I leave about in a day. 3. I leave ...
- english - I am going to write about illegal immigration and my topic is putting...
- English - Thank you very much for teaching me both the British English and the ...
- English - 1. The dog is black and white. 2. The dog is blown. 3. One is a black ...
- english - is this a good introduction What is it about America that people from ...
- SraJMcGin spanish - i just got home from rehersal and i have a spanisg collage ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentence. 1) Write a ten-line ...
- English - Can you check if these sentences are possible? Thank you for your ...
- math - Can someone please double check my answers (My answers are in Capital) 1...
- English - 1. I was sad at the sight of the scene. 2. I was sad to see the scene...