Posted by John on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 6:20am.
1. Is Jinny a female name or a male name?
2. Who is running over there?
Marathon runner, Tom White is.
2-1. Who is running over there?
The marathon runner, Tom White is.
2-2. Who is running over there?
A marathon runner, Tom White is.
(Which one is right from 2 through 2-2?)
3. I'm listening to the news.
3-1. I'm listening to news.
3-2. I'm listening to a news.
(Which expression is right?)
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 7:54am
1. I've heard Jenny and Ginny as women's/girls' names. I've heard of no names like this for males.
2. OK, but either remove the comma after "runner" or put one in after "White" (appositive).
All of them (2 through 2-2) all correct. It just depends on what you mean. Using "the" indicates that there is only one marathon runner; using "a" indicates that Tom White is one of many marathon runners.
3 is correct; 3-1 and 3-2 are not.
Answer this Question
- math - A marathon runner ran the first 5 mi. in 32.5 min. If she continues ...
- Geometry - A marathon runner ran the first 4 miles in 27.8 minutes. If she ...
- Physics - It takes a runner 3 h, 28 min, 33 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- physics - It takes a runner 4 h, 58 min, 36 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- Physics - Runner A is running at a constant rate of 2.3 m/s when he passes ...
- Math - Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an average ...
- physics - Runner A is running at a constant rate of 2.3 m/s when he passes ...
- English - Is Jinny a male name or a female name?
- biology - expain why a 100m runner has a bigger oxygen depth than a marathon ...
- Physics-Check - In a marathon race, one runner is moving at 5.0 m/s passes a ...