Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:49pm.
I'm still really confused with this one; I posted it up a couple of days ago but never got the answer
Is this a dangling modifier?
To the victor goes the privelage of writing history.
- Grammar - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:54pm
I see no dangling modifier here. (Correct the spelling of "privilege," though!)
- Grammar - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:55pm
Here's a webpage on dangling modifiers and how to correct them:
I just don't see anything like this in that sentence.
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:59pm
This is one other I was curious about:
To the pier raced the eager young anglers, annoying quiet vetarans.
I don't this this is one...is it?
- Grammar - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 8:01pm
Did the anglers annoy the veterans? If so, then it's fine. If not, then rephrase.
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 8:02pm
What? So it's not one? I can't rephrase, that's how theyve given it to me.
- Grammar - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 8:04pm
Then it's not.
The only thing I see that is common to both of those sentences is that they start with a prepositional phrase (to ... ) instead of the subject. I think they are awkwardly written sentences, but I don't see modifier misplacement here.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Need this checked- 1.Identify the sentence that contains a dangling ...
- English: Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers - I have difficulty determining ...
- English - When I asked for a submarine, the convenience store clerk said he didn...
- chemistry - AgCl <==> Ag^+ + Cl^- NaCl ==> Na^+ + Cl^- Ksp = (Ag^+)(Cl...
- English-Grammar - Which of the following sentences does NOT contain a dangling...
- English - 1.Identify the underline phrase in the sentences: "Accordong to the ...
- Grammar...Writing - The name of the common error in the following sentenece? My ...
- English - The reason she is not here is because she is ill. misplaced modifier ...
- business - The interviewer wants to know why you got a D in all your English ...
- Pre-Calculus - I posted this question about an hour ago, got a response but ...