Posted by rebecca on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:39pm.
Write four sentances with a different form of lie, then write four sentances with a different form of lay.
1.a) I would never lie to my friends.
b)THe baby is lying in her crib.
c)I have lain to my parents.
2.a) I like to lay on the ground and stare at the clouds.
c) (have laid)
can u please help me fill in the blank places with sentances?? thank u:)
- gr8language - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:44pm
1 a. and b. are correct, although I think your teacher wants you to use lie to mean recline. Example: I like to lie on the couch and watch TV.
I suggest you study your text or this site to help you understand lie and lay.
- gr8language - rebecca, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:56pm
thanks so much that website really helped :)
but i couldnt think of an answer for 1d, 2c, or 2d. could u help?? :) thankss
- gr8language - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 8:12pm
1.d. Yesterday I lay in the sun so long I got a bad sunburn.
2.c. I have always laid my keys on the mantle.
2.d. Yesterday I laid the papers I need on the dining room table.
- gr8language - rebecca, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 8:25pm
thank u soo much ms sue u rock :-)
Answer this Question
- English - I told the child__down for nap, when he fall asleep, o __down for nap ...
- Language Arts - Having trouble on this. On the sentence below you are supposed ...
- math - write a four equations in slope-intercept form of four different lines ...
- english - How do I know when to use lay or lie? Thank you for using the Jiskha ...
- math - write the number of permutations in factorial form.then simplify. how ...
- English - Which sentence uses lie or lay correctly? (1 point) Please lay your ...
- Math - Received answer to the following question from Jishka. (2469) Would you ...
- MATH - Need Answer to the Following Please: Using the 9 digits, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...
- Math - Using the 9 digits, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, 8 and 9 you can arrange four ...
- Math Help Please - Can you Please explain the answer that I received of 2469? It...