Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, May 11, 2009 at 2:52pm.
Identify the entire verb phrase:
1.The whole event had been secretly planned by the Wong twins.
Ans- had been secretly planned
2.Hadn't you ever been to a state fair before?
A.hadn't ever been
B.had ever been
Are these correct?
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 2:58pm
If you are being asked what the complete verb is, then no, neither answer is correct because you have included adverbs.
If you are being asked what the complete predicate is, then no, neither answer is correct because you haven't included ALL the words in the predicate "half" of the sentence.
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 3:08pm
1. had been planned
2. had been
Complete predicates (that is, everything except the subject and whatever modifies it):
1. had been secretly planned by the Wong twins.
2. hadn't ever been to a state fair before
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 3:38pm
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 4:31pm
- Grammar - WZtEAOquxjUZuX, Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 3:09pm
Your article perfectly shows what I needed to know, thnkas!
- Grammar - Shelby, Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 9:50am
had been planned
Answer this Question
- Stupid Complicated English Grammar - 1. Choose the sentence fragment. (Points : ...
- ESL-grammar - can anyone plz tell me what's the differences between past perfect...
- 6th grade grammar - Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each ...
- english - can somebody please help me with this question . Is this statement ...
- U.S. History - What slowed down the United States entrance into World War one? ...
- English - Writeacher, can you please check if everything is OK? Thank you. 1) I'...
- com155 - I had been learning about setting financial goals before I learned the ...
- Art - Could you please revise the following sentences? Thank you. Shall I ...
- english - Can someone check my work for me, please. 1.Yesterday he was very busy...
- college - i have free speech.my topic is have ever done anything that you wish ...