Posted by mysterychicken on Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 12:33pm.
Can someone please check if my answers are correct?
Identify the verb form that correctly completes each sentence:
1.At the stroke of midnight, the fireworks ________ into the night sky.
2.Jermaine, seeing the shower of lights, _________ a chill of excitement.
3.No one _______ during the entire show.
4.Rather than leave as soon as it was over, Jermaine ________ to stay for a while.
5.All the next day, he _______ himself thinking about the amazing fireworks.
D.will have found
6.She has a headache and ______ down for a while.
Not sure about this one...A?
I have one more post with questions like these....Thanks for the help!
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 12:41pm
All of your answers are right -- except tricky Number 6.
The verb "lie" means to recline. Note the principle parts:
I will lie down this afternoon.
My mother is lying down and can't be disturbed.
Yesterday I lay down for an hour.
I have lain on that couch many times.
The verb "lay" means to put or place.
I always lay my keys on the mantle.
She is laying her keys on the mantle.
I laid my keys on the mantle yesterday.
I have laid my keys on the mantle for years.
What do you think is the correct answer for 6?
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 1:12pm
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 2:25pm
- Grammar - nina, Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 11:19am
At the stroke of midnight, the fireworks _____ into the night sky.
Answer this Question
- ENGLISH - 1.Is the group of words a simple sentence, a compound sentence, a run-...
- Grammar - Can someone please check if my answers are correct? Identify the verb ...
- English - Please some one check to see if I got these right. Thank you:) 1.Which...
- Spanish: Please check answers - Please check my answers. The nswers are at the ...
- grammar - In the sentence "He is afraid of the night", what part of speech is ...
- Grammar Advisor - I just cannot figure out if these answers are correct or not. ...
- 1-8 QUESTIONS NEED CHECKING! - 1. A synonym for sternly is (1 point) seriously. ...
- Spanish - Can you double check if I followed the directions correctly this time ...
- Grammar - Which verb completes the sentence below correctly? Each of the players...
- Math (check answers) - which word or words correctly completes the sentence? A ...