posted by John on .
Think of the present you received from your friend. As for me, I had a penpal when I was a middle school student. She lived in Ohio in the USA. We exchanged letters and I received postcards. On a postcard I was able to see the Mississippi River. The scenery around the Mississippi River was very beautiful. I looked up English words and tried to understand the content of her pen letters and I could write reply letters using a dictionary. I think it was helpful for me to study English. Her name was Ewing. Do you know how to pronounce this name? It is pronounced 'Youing', which is a female name. You can also think of some presents you got from other people.
1. What presents do you want to receive from your father or friend?
- I want to get a cell phone.
2. Did you get an MP3 player as a birthday present from your father?
- Yes, I did.
3. On your birthday what did you get as a birthday present?
- I got a watch from my uncle.
4. What do you expect your mother to give you as a birthday present on your next birthday?
- I expect my mother to give me a Sony audio cassette tape because I want to practice listening English.
(Would you check the passage, the questions and the answers? Correct the errors, please.)